SOME POSITIVES OF e-LEARNING
It’s easy for us to find the faults with any newer technology.
Funny how that works! I guess it’s because it is much easier for us to see the negatives than it is for us to embrace the positives.
Time for a gut check when we talk about e-Learning!
Do we all realize that e-Learning is singularly poised to positively impact all aspects of one’s business?!?
It is uniquely capable of making significant contributions to employees, management, shareholders and customers. For the very first time, organizations have a learning tool that can improve attitudes, skill levels, communications and add to the bottom line.
How does e-Learning manage to do all this? Well, if the courseware has been instructionally designed to train (rather than to merely inform) and if the courseware reaches across the various individual learning styles and cultures (video, animations, game-based), no other communication tool can begin to touch its benefits.
- Employees can attain competency levels in less time, which leads to greater productivity.
- The use of full motion video, optional full audio, simulations and gaming address the needs of everyone, be they fluent readers or those learners who rely more on media-rich experiences.
- E-Learning is available 24×7 and, from anywhere with access to the web.
- Uniform content can be delivered consistently and, most importantly with a well-designed program, the benefits of just-in-time learning are always available —- including at the actual work site. This latter benefit of e-Learning is especially valuable because it can double as a help desk or quick reference long after the initial formal training has taken place.
- Combined with an on-line skills assessment, e-Learning brings significant savings in employee time-in-classroom as well as with any associated travel costs.
It’s the positives associated with e-Learning that invite our focus. They far outweigh the negatives. And, it’s those positives that will help address our many training challenges.
Stay tuned for future developments, too. They’re always on the way!
More on Monday – – –
— Bill Walton, co-Founder,
ITC Learning October 3, 2018
www.itclearning.com/blog/ (Mondays & Wednesdays)
“THE WORLD RELIES ON THE HANDS OF ITS MEN AND WOMEN”
(This is a personal blog. Any views or opinions represented in this blog are personal and belong solely to the blog owner, email@example.com, an independent consultant. They do not represent those of people, institutions or organizations that the owner may or may not be associated with in a professional or personal capacity.)