Air Compressor Repair
This comprehensive Activ® interactive multimedia training program consists of two lessons individual lessons that train participants to understand, disassemble, inspect, troubleshoot, and repair reciprocating air compressors.
Audience: This course is excellent for all levels of maintenance personnel as well as for the multi-craft training needs of process and manufacturing facilities.
- 1. Reciprocating Compressors: Principles & Troubleshooting
- 2. Reciprocating Compressors: Disassembly, Inspection, & Repair
Prerequisites: This lesson is designed for participants familiar with the basic operation of reciprocating air compressors.
Description: This lesson explains the normal operating conditions for a reciprocating air compressor. The lesson also focuses on how to troubleshoot typical compressor problems such as knocking, failure to unload, and excessive discharge temperature.
- Gather necessary information and perform operational checks to determine the cause of common reciprocating air compressor malfunctions
Prerequisites: This lesson is designed for participants familiar with the basic principles of operation for reciprocating air compressors.
Description: This lesson demonstrates how to disassemble, inspect, and repair various components of a reciprocating compressor. Included in this lesson are the maintenance procedures for discharge valves, suction valves, unloaders, and cylinders and pistons. Additionally, the lesson covers disassembly, inspection, and repair as well as the reinstallation of the components.
- Remove, disassemble, clean, repair, and reassemble a discharge valve in a compressor
- Remove, disassemble, reassemble, and install a suction valve in a compressor
- Remove the compressor inspection covers, the cylinder head, and the piston; and inspect component parts and reinstall them properly