Conduit Installation Library
This comprehensive Activ® interactive multimedia training program consists of one lesson that train participants on identifying and applying the basic materials of a conduit system, as well as general practical methods of bending and installing conduit.
Audience: This program is excellent both for the training of electricians as well as for the multi-craft training needs of process and manufacturing facilities.
Conduit Bending and Installation
Prerequisites: This lesson is designed so that no prior knowledge is required.
Description: This lesson provides instructions and interactions concerning general conduit bending and installation, in accordance with the National Electrical Code (NEC). This lesson defines a conduit system, lists general specifications for use of types of conduit, and introduces the major components or materials of a basic conduit system. This lesson also demonstrates and provides instruction on general methods and practices for cutting, cleaning, bending and installing conduit.
- Upon completion of this lesson, participants will be able to define conduit and the different types of conduits
- Read and use a conduit fill chart
- Determine the uses for types of conduit
- Identify boxes and fittings
- Plan a layout of and measure for a conduit installation
- Explain the methods for cleaning, cutting and threading a conduit
- Identify benders and their uses, and define common markings of a hand bender
- Measure for and make a 90 degree bend
- Identify an offset bend and its uses, and make an offset bend using an offset chart
- Make and use a three and four bend saddle
- Explain the methods for installing conduit and supporting a conduit system
- Explain the methods for installing conductors