Hand Tools and Measuring Instruments
This comprehensive award-winning Activ® interactive multimedia training program consists of two individual lessons that train participants to properly use a variety of hand tools and precision measuring instruments.
Audience: This program is excellent for employees in all disciplines as well as for the multi-craft training needs of process and manufacturing facilities.
Prerequisites: This lesson is designed so that no prior knowledge is required.
Description: This lesson introduces and demonstrates the proper use of hand tools for holding, turning, and striking. This lesson also describes situations which require the use of each type of tool.
- Improve their on-the-job performance through the proper use of vises, c-clamps, pliers, screwdrivers, non-adjustable wrenches, socket wrenches, torque wrenches, and hammers
Prerequisites: In order to successfully complete his lesson, participants should be familiar with whole number operations and decimals.
Description: This lesson describes the purpose and the basic components of dial calipers, outside micrometers, inside micrometers, depth micrometers, telescoping gauges, thickness gauges, and dial indicators. The lesson also provides procedures for properly using each of these instruments to measure the dimensions of an object.
- Better obtain inside and outside measurements using a dial caliper
- Measure outside dimension using an outside micrometer
- Measure inside dimension using an inside micrometer
- Measure depth by using a depth micrometer
- Measure the inside diameter by using a telescoping gauge in conjunction with an outside micrometer
- Measure a clearance with a thickness gauge
- And measure small changes in dimension by using a dial indicator