Handling of LP Gases (1-2 hours of training)
This comprehensive interactive multimedia-training program consists of one lesson that defines liquid petroleum gas (LPG) and discusses a variety of LPGs. It also covers proper container and vaporizer markings, proper transportation of LPGs by tank car and transport truck, and proper safety requirements when handling of LPGs.
Audience: This program is mandatory awareness level training for all employees who work with or around LPGs.
Prerequisites: This lesson is designed so that no prior knowledge is required.
- Describe proper regulating equipment
- Identify LPG storage requirements inside a building
- Describe proper tank car and transport truck loading and unloading procedures
- Identify LPG storage requirements outside of a building
- Identify container marking
- Identify vaporizer marking
- Identify direct gas-fired vaporizer marking
- Identify cylinder container marking
- Identify containers on commercial motor vehicle marking
- Identify hazards associated with LPG
- Identify the different hydrocarbons or mixtures in LPG
- Demonstrate proper storage of LPG above ground
- Identify proper distance for storage of LPG