Welding and Cutting Safety (1-2 hours of training)
This comprehensive interactive multimedia-training program consists of one lesson that trains participants in the safe use of oxygen or fuel-gas welding and cutting equipment.
Audience: This program is mandatory training for all employees who operate welding or cutting equipment.
Prerequisites: This lesson is designed so that no prior knowledge is required.
- Know how an oxy-fuel torch system operates be familiar with oxy-fuel welding processes
- Be familiar with oxy-fuel cutting processes
- Know the necessary safety precautions to take around a work area using an oxy-fuel torch system
- Know the necessary ppe to use with an oxy-fuel torch
- Know how acetylene gas is created and its characteristics
- Know the characteristics of propane gases
- Know the characteristics of oxygen
- Know the operating procedures of compressed gas cylinders
- Know the transporting procedures of compressed gas cylinders
- Know the proper storage procedures for compressed gas cylinders
- Be able to attach a regulator to a compressed gas cylinder
- Know how to check hoses for damage
- Know how to connect hoses
- Know how to properly start an oxy-fuel torch
- Know how to properly turn off an oxy-fuel torch
- Be familiar with the set up of manifold systems
- Know the operating procedures for a manifold system
- Know correct storage locations for a manifold system
- Be familiar with service piping systems and their correct signs and markings