How to Identify your Industrial Training Needs
You know when to walk your dog, change your eye contact solution and take your car to the mechanic. These things come naturally to us………… or the directions tell us when it’s time. But do you know when your employees need training? You can identify whether an industrial training program is need by asking yourself:
• How well are we doing?
• How productive are our employees?
• If there is already an industrial training program in place, how effective is it?
• What departments or employees could benefit from training?
• Does our current training program cover all our employees’ job descriptions?
• Are our employees’ familiar with all the equipment and operational procedures necessary to do their
• Are they familiar with all the safety rules and regulations of our facility/plant?
• What’s the quality of our products or services?
• Has it improved or gotten worse over the past few months or years?
• Are our clients satisfied with our products or services?
• Are we on track to achieve our long-term business goals?
• Are we doing well compared to our competitors?
• How is our bottom line? Could it be better?
• What are our business goals?
• How do I achieve them?
After you’ve done this, you can talk to your staff one-on-one or in groups to identity their training needs and how the organization can improve its overall productivity. This is also a great way to find out insightful information from employees who have firsthand knowledge of what needs to be done.
You can compare the information you’ve gathered from your staff to the list you’ve created to see what you really need. Plus, by doing this you can identity what it will take to reach your company’s goals. Once you’ve done this you can start creating a list of the equipment and subjects your employees need to be trained on.
An in-house training program is the best way to go, and ITC Learning offers a comprehensive curriculum of industrial training classes. We will provide you with all the materials you need to do your training in-house. You can choose from our online, CD-ROM or DVD/Video training classes. We can even test your employees to see how knowledgeable they are about a specific topic. Remember, investing in an industrial training program is an excellent way to increase profit and productivity.