Successfully Utilize Industrial Training Courseware
The Bloomberg News recent survey of economists reported a 0.5 percent increase in factory, mine and utility output for the month of March based on the median of 68 forecasts. The March gain follows a 0.7 percent increase in February. The expected share of industrial capacity currently in use is approximately 81.4 percent, the highest it has been since September of 2000 which came in at 81.2 percent.
The increase comes as no surprise. Since the beginning of the year, manufacturers like Boeing Co. have received an increased amount of orders from Europe and Japan as growth picks up overseas as well. On the home front, U.S. plants have also begun investing in expansions and newer equipment.
With operating rates increasing to above average, bottlenecking in the production process becomes a concern, ultimately causing manufacturers to have to drive up prices. Other factors may also contribute to the possibility of a spike in inflation, including the fact that the unemployment rate has reached a four year low.
Effectively training employees with industrial skills training courseware can help your plant floor operate more efficiently while ultimately producing more quickly and properly. Industrial training can help enhance your employees’ industry and job specific skill sets so that your work force is not only multi-skilled but will also allow you to do more with less and increase profitability, all in an effort to avoid the threat of bottlenecking.
Whether you are looking to implement problem specific training or overall maintenance training your industrial training courseware will need to be tailored specifically to suit your adult learners. By following the tips below, you can put quality industrial training in place that will boost your bottom line and give your employees the ultimate industrial know how. Here are some tips for success:
- Focus on tasks employees will do on a daily basis.
- Incorporate hands on training with traditional textbook training (or online courseware).
- Be straight forward with your adult learners and make it clear what is it they are expected to take away from the training courseware.
- Remember, changing the ways your workforce currently applies their skills takes time and practice. So, be patient but check back to make sure the learned practices are employed.
- Assess skills before and after to see whether the industrial training system used was effective.
Contact ITC Learning today to learn more about the benefits of industrial training courseware for your business.